Did you know?

  • Only registered agents can charge a fee for providing tax or BAS services.
  • Tax or BAS agents need to be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
  • If you use a bookkeeper to prepare your BAS, they must be registered with the TPB unless they are your employee or work for a registered agent.

To check if an agent is registered, just enter their details in the TPB register or look for the registered practitioner symbol. Ours is located above and on our home page.

Benefits of using a registered agent

Using a registered agent provides you with:

  • consumer protection through professional indemnity insurance
  • extended tax and BAS lodgment due dates
  • experienced and qualified agents, who comply with a professional code of conduct.

More information can be found on the TPB website, to find out more, follow this link:

What are BAS services?

The TPB website contains all of the information you need to know on what is considered to be a BAS service, these services are broad and cover duties like registering for an ABN, coding of transactions and transferring of data onto a computer program, as well as  completing an activity statement on behalf of an entity or instructing and entity on which figures to include.